it's been a while
Hi! I realize that Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's has come and gone without a post. There is much I'd love to share. But perhaps it's just better at the moment to let you know how things are today.
I appreciate the phone calls and emails checking on us in the deluge. It has been fearsomely wet out here in Washington, but we have been high and dry, snug in our little house on the hill. Our hometown and neighboring town were completely cut off by the floods for a few days, but we are on a hill in unincorporated rural area west of town and were pretty much unaffected. Prayers are welcomed though, for the neighbors and people around here that WERE affected by the floods.
Zoom is back to homeschool and it's going well. He's excited about money right now, and has determined that he wants to buy stocks. So we've been playing Cashflow 101 together. It's funny, because that game really does get you thinking differently about money. I'm learning right along with him. That's something I really like about homeschool.
Missy Moo currently wants to be called Odie, Garfield's sidekick. She affectionately calls Zoom her Garfield. She is so bubbly and bouncy and full of life! She loves all things Dora and participates with mucho gusto in our Spanish lessons. She still loves books and climbing and just is so fun.
Daddio is getting to paint all day! What a life to get to make cool monster art all day and get paid for it! We're working on clearing out the garage now so we can begin the process of building him an office out there. One step at a time...
As for me, my health and strength is improving. My dear doctor thinks that in general the stress of the move just wiped me out. Go figure.
Also, after a long time of feeling like I'm a hack or novice at life and if i'd just work harder or be smarter or SOMETHING I'd be an expert like all the other grown-ups, I've come to the conclusion that I will ALWAYS be a novice. I will get more experience in some areas...like cooking or homeschooling, but God and life will continue to ask me to stretch WAAAAY out of my comfort zone and learn to deal with and/or accomplish new things.
So on Sunday during church I felt God asking me to just get comfortable or embrace the feeling of being a novice, of not really knowing what I'm doing. That it's right where he wants me so that I continue to look to HIM, the expert, for what I need to do in a given situation and not rely on my own strength....
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding...." Prov. 3:5
An old lesson, a need to learn it again. And here I thought that by now at least, I'd be an expert at living....HA!
Lots of Love to all you scattered friends and loved ones around the country.
Me
I appreciate the phone calls and emails checking on us in the deluge. It has been fearsomely wet out here in Washington, but we have been high and dry, snug in our little house on the hill. Our hometown and neighboring town were completely cut off by the floods for a few days, but we are on a hill in unincorporated rural area west of town and were pretty much unaffected. Prayers are welcomed though, for the neighbors and people around here that WERE affected by the floods.
Zoom is back to homeschool and it's going well. He's excited about money right now, and has determined that he wants to buy stocks. So we've been playing Cashflow 101 together. It's funny, because that game really does get you thinking differently about money. I'm learning right along with him. That's something I really like about homeschool.
Missy Moo currently wants to be called Odie, Garfield's sidekick. She affectionately calls Zoom her Garfield. She is so bubbly and bouncy and full of life! She loves all things Dora and participates with mucho gusto in our Spanish lessons. She still loves books and climbing and just is so fun.
Daddio is getting to paint all day! What a life to get to make cool monster art all day and get paid for it! We're working on clearing out the garage now so we can begin the process of building him an office out there. One step at a time...
As for me, my health and strength is improving. My dear doctor thinks that in general the stress of the move just wiped me out. Go figure.
Also, after a long time of feeling like I'm a hack or novice at life and if i'd just work harder or be smarter or SOMETHING I'd be an expert like all the other grown-ups, I've come to the conclusion that I will ALWAYS be a novice. I will get more experience in some areas...like cooking or homeschooling, but God and life will continue to ask me to stretch WAAAAY out of my comfort zone and learn to deal with and/or accomplish new things.
So on Sunday during church I felt God asking me to just get comfortable or embrace the feeling of being a novice, of not really knowing what I'm doing. That it's right where he wants me so that I continue to look to HIM, the expert, for what I need to do in a given situation and not rely on my own strength....
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding...." Prov. 3:5
An old lesson, a need to learn it again. And here I thought that by now at least, I'd be an expert at living....HA!
Lots of Love to all you scattered friends and loved ones around the country.
Me


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home