Joy in the Journey

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Odds and Ends of our Days

Wow! It's been three weeks since I've last posted. I guess it's because just after the last post, homeschool started in full force along with Zoom's birthday and life in general just picked up momentum. I plan to put some pictures of the party up, but they are on Daddio's computer right now so I'll have to wait.

A brief glimpse into our days: Zoom and Missy Moo and I are now enjoying schooltimes. This being our third official year, some things are more automatic and we can have fun doing them instead of developing the habits. Not that we don't have habits to continue to develop!

On Monday afternoons, Zoom has started a keyboard music class which he really enjoys.

Tuesdays we go to the co-op for P.E. games with kids. Missy Moo (who now wants to be called Princess) wants her own classes, so we've been working on beading and stickers and whatever other fun stuff interests her. Later in the day we head to the library. Zoom has chosen his favorite library. It's a small one and the librarian loves to help him find what he's looking for--usually comic books, how to draw monsters books, etc. He's a huge Garfield fan right now. I never was. Still not. Oh well.

Wednesday Zoom has Wilderness Awareness School most of the day. He loves it and has made friends there. He got knife certified (for carving and such), swims in the swamp, makes fires and this week, may be learning about processing a dead deer (it was road kill). They also play games, hear stories and learn about observing and caring for the natural world around them.

Missy Moo, my apologies, Princess, has a music class with me during the morning. She LOVES it. She wants to hear the music ALL the time! (I'm sick of it already!)

Thursdays and Fridays are sacred days for me. We stay home ALL DAY!!!!!! I love that time. It's so relaxing and we have school that we do, and resting, trampoline jumping, nature exploring and doing house stuff. Plus, we occasionally have a friend over.

Whew. That made me tired just typing it! Many people have more going on, but this is plenty for me and my crew.

Daddio finished his night job and is now a bit more free in the evenings, which is so nice. I've started a bit of yoga again which feels so good.

I'm hoping to see the Salmon Run this week. Really, Salmon rushing up the creeks around here to spawn. It's a big deal in the area. So cool.

Love y'all.
Dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home