Joy in the Journey

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Missy Moo






My how time flies! Squeak has changed in the past 19 months from being a little tiny being that slept most of the time and just snuggled in the crook of my arms to becoming a full-fledged toddler. And she's SO fun. I thought I'd take a few minutes to share some "snapshots" of our little girl.

She's given herself a new nickname. Whenever I was trying to be stern with her (so hard, really) I would call her "Missy". So she's dubbed herself, "Missy Moo". She shall be known here on out in the blog as Missy Moo until she grows into another name.

The other day we decided it was time to introduce Missy Moo to paint. So I put her in her seat with the tray, gave her some red and blue paint in her cupholders, some paper and a paintbrush and quickly went to the next room to switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer. This is what awaited me when I got back.

We went to a water park last Sunday for Zoom. Missy Moo LOVED IT! Her favorite part was the Wave Pool. She was the only toddler in the waves and she loved holding onto Daddio's hands while the waves pounded her. She laughed and laughed.

Much like she laughs when she and Zoom play their favorite game, Splat. She shouts out, "Plat, plat!" And Zoom carefully moves the coffee table out of the way, puts pillows on the floor, pushes the ottoman against the sofa and the two of them throw themselves from the arms of the sofa, "splat" onto the cushions...or each other. And they wrestle and play "knock-you-down" and laugh and laugh. Despite the 6 year age difference, she somehow keeps up with Zoom's energy and rough-housing. And begs for more. She has a lot of spunk, this one.

She also has a lot of words. She loves to talk and now says two or three word sentences. Often her words are clear as a bell. Like, "Po-key-mon" and "din-oh-saur." Can you tell she has a big brother? She's also very clear and determined about what she wants. Zoom wanted to go to the beach today, and his ploy was to convince her to beg for it too. But she was not to be swayed. "No, no," she says, "Paygound." Zoom says, "Don't you want to go to the beach????" Says Missy Moo, "Paygound."

Missy Moo also LOVES books. Always has. Just like Zoom, me and Daddio. She loves to be read to. Only be clear on this, SHE'S in charge. She picks the book, and then you might be halfway through and she's close it hard and lean over for a different particular book. "Dis one." And if you get the wrong one, she'll say, "No, no," and push it away. Of course, halfway through that book she might close it and get the book she previously left half-read and want more. Or she'll want to stay on one page in a book and look at and talk about and learn that name and job of every single object on the page. Some books that were Zoom's and I'd read a million times before with him suddenly seemed to have new objects in the pictures that I never, ever noticed before. She doesn't miss a thing, this one.

She's also very into yoga. Believe it or not. If you'd told me that I'd have a 19th month old that was into yoga I'd have laugh myself silly Now I just shake my head and smile. She has two yoga kids videos (from Zoom's earlier years) and she asks for them every day. She has her favorite songs "Reach for the Sun" and "Namaste" and her favorite poses that she does at random times throughout the day. Current favorites include "volcano", "triangle", and "locomotive." Amazing.

I could go on, but it's getting late and I've no more hours to go before I need to get to sleep. I hope you enjoyed getting to know Missy Moo at this stage a little bit. I know she'd love to get to know you too.
Dawn

p.s. Can anyone get the photos here? OR are they too big?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Oh my...and oh how lucky you are! Your post made me smile. I sure hope we get to see you this fall! Thanks for the great update.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 PM  

  • So cute. Yes I got the pics and love them. She looks so much like Chase in the last pic. And oh...love the pjs she has on...one of my favs. :) Lor

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home