Joy in the Journey

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Some updates

It seems to be so long between posts! Life does have a way of moving for me. Like the ocean outside my door, the waves keep coming, they don't stop. Not that that's bad. It can be soothing and peaceful sometimes, and feel like everything is crashing around me at others. I like that ocean analogy...I think I'll take that with me when we leave this place.

Well, that was a little internal musing that spilled out. What I PLANNED to blog about was updating what's going on in our life. So here goes.

First, my incredible sisters came out to visit and brought my niece/goddaughter along. The best part was that they woke her up at 2:30 in the morning to catch the flight and didn't tell her where she was going. She didn't know where she was going until she saw me at the airport! I could never keep a secret that long! I always feel so blessed when people choose to spend their time and money to come and visit me (and Mark and the kids). I know life is busy and flying is expensive, and so I am so grateful when people make that sacrifice for our relationship. It doesn't hurt that we live in a beautiful vacation spot, but still.

It was really fun to see Zoom and his cousin, Beanie, playing and running up on the bluffs and to see Aunt Nee and Lorelei teach Squeak about jewelry and sock puppets. Treasured moments.


Next, our oldest niece on Daddio's side had her first baby! He looks beautiful and I can't wait to meet and hold him in November.

Third, we are moving again. (Snuck that one in there, didn't I?) Some of you have known since last June, but Daddio wanted to officially keep it under wraps until his current bosses knew about it. Smart man. So this summer you'll have the opportunity to get your pencils out and put a Washington state address down for us. Daddio accepted a sweet job at a game company called Valve near Seattle. We're currently looking at buying a modest home with 2-3 acres so we can have breathing room and nature, some chickens and goats, a trampoline and zip line and such things that we've always dreamed of. We're hoping to truly put down roots. You can laugh. It's okay.

Fourth, Daddio has a book being published in May. It's called Nightwork and it's for sale! You can purchase one from us on his website. Well, not yet. But in a month or so.... Daddio is nervous about it, but it's a real honor and treat to have his work being published.

Lastly, today was a stellar day here on the coast with temps in the low 80s. (It's usually much colder.) We took the kids to the beach to build sand castles, climb rock walls and splash in the waves. Zoom loved the rock walls and waves the best. Squeak liked making patty cakes of sand and she kept crying "More, more, more" about splashing in the waves. The water was FREEZING!!!! But she loved it.

Well, I think there was more I wanted to post about but I can't remember it right now.

Hope all is well with you guys. Email me when you get a chance or if you want more details!


Love yas.
dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home