Joy in the Journey

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

update



Hey All!

I just re-read my last post and realized I never updated how the trip to Seattle went. It was crazy with the kids--sweaty, cranky, sticky--but good. The kids were real troopers. I still don't know why we took them this trip. But God knows. Zoom hit it off with his old friend from Texas. We enjoyed visiting our old friends too. And by the sheer grace of our amazing God, we found the dream home--and knew it.

In March, Daddio and I took a weekend away. (Thanks, Moma!) And while away, we wrote up exactly what we wanted for a home to raise our kids in. No limits. Exactly what we wanted, down to wood paneled walls, a south-facing two story wall of windows in the living room, lots of land to have goats and chickens on, a hot tub and a soaker tub with a skylight. OH, and it had to back up to state park that we could access from our backyard to trails. We figured, if we write what we want, we know what we're looking for and we can always prioritize what we can't live without and get SOME of what we want. Well, the first house our realtor took us to had ALL that. ALL of it. The hot tub, the wall of windows, the acreage backing up to the state park...etc, etc. etc. Amazing. It was exactly our price range and the owners agreed to the financing situation we needed. AND they can't sell it due to extenuating circumstances until early July. When we are really more ready to buy and move!!!

Okay, I knew we were children of a big God. But that just took the cake. We walked out of the place and knew it was home. Both of us. It's funny, and it's not all final by any means yet, but I feel so peaceful and grateful about it. Go God! And to all of you who prayed for our trip and for us to find our dream home, THANK YOU!!!!!

On a very different note, I was busy cleaning the garage today--trying to sort out yard sale stuff and packing and stuff--and dropped something sharp, heavy and metal on my mostly bare foot. (I was wearing sandals.) An hour or so later, I couldn't walk on my foot and it was screaming in pain. No, wait. I was screaming in pain. Zoom was at a friend's, Squeak was at my feet, and it was my driving foot so I couldn't even drive myself to the doctor's. Daddio came home from work early and took me. Thankfully, it doesn't look like it's broken. But it's very, very swollen and tender and hurts like the dickens. I have crutches, but I wonder---how the heck do you change laundry, feed and change a baby, take a kid to book club and make dinner hobbling on crutches? Any suggestions, please send them. I need it. BTW, Motrin makes everything better, although I'm still unable to bear weight on my foot.

Okay. Please pray for me to heal. FAST!!!!!!! I don't have time for this! Does anyone?

Dawn

3 Comments:

  • Very cool about the house! We have a house too. I hope your foot heals soon!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 PM  

  • This is when Mommy comes to the rescue...I'm talking about *your* mommy! I tried it once...got a big Lyme bullseye on my leg and I couldn't walk, had to move that week. Waaahhhhh....moooommmmmy:) Worked for me! Love ya.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 PM  

  • God is sooo good! Your house sounds perfect! Yay!
    I'm so sorry about your foot! Golly, I sure wish that we lived around the corner from each other -- I could help you! :(
    Big hugs!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home