A Pep Talk for myself
Just Today
Just today I got everything off the counters and wiped them down.
I unloaded and loaded and washed the dishes in the dishwasher.
I fed my children, gave them vitamins and did the same for myself.
I took a shower and got dressed.
I sorted my kelp and hung up lines over my tub.
I praised the kids and gave them points.
I disciplined Chase so he will grow to a mature, kind young man.
I ignored his fits, his tongue-lashings and arrows.
I encouraged Sophie and allowed her to join me in processing seaweed.
I dried fucus and made kelp pickles.
I laid out nori to dry.
I cooked noodles and made a healthy lunch.
I made bone soup.
I changed my daughter's diaper and helped her dress and brushed her hair.
I helped my son get his chores done and keep track of his computer usage.
I fed the chickens and let the chicks out.
I put a show on for Sophie and helped her learn to pause it.
I took pictures of my seaweed adventure.
I rested.
I made lemon ginger tea for my health.
I didn't allow my son to make me freak out.
I directed my children to help with the housework and got the place picked up and ready to be vaccuumed.
I was there for them and steady in my heart and attitude.
I read stories to my daughter and got her a drink and snack when she wanted one.
I listened to my son's stories and songs and ideas.
I was present and I did not allow myself to get overwhelmed.
I did not get angry or resentful of my husband for the leftover weekend mess.
I did not move into self-pity for the work or having to discipline.
I stayed steady, by the grace of God.
Note to self: I really did a lot and it's only 2 pm. My temptation is to see all I want to do and haven't gotten to yet and get bitter or frustrated or down on myself for not doing it. But really, could I have done more in the last 8 hours? If I just remain present and attend to what is foremost--having QII time to figure that out, then I will accomplish that which is truly important.
Just today I got everything off the counters and wiped them down.
I unloaded and loaded and washed the dishes in the dishwasher.
I fed my children, gave them vitamins and did the same for myself.
I took a shower and got dressed.
I sorted my kelp and hung up lines over my tub.
I praised the kids and gave them points.
I disciplined Chase so he will grow to a mature, kind young man.
I ignored his fits, his tongue-lashings and arrows.
I encouraged Sophie and allowed her to join me in processing seaweed.
I dried fucus and made kelp pickles.
I laid out nori to dry.
I cooked noodles and made a healthy lunch.
I made bone soup.
I changed my daughter's diaper and helped her dress and brushed her hair.
I helped my son get his chores done and keep track of his computer usage.
I fed the chickens and let the chicks out.
I put a show on for Sophie and helped her learn to pause it.
I took pictures of my seaweed adventure.
I rested.
I made lemon ginger tea for my health.
I didn't allow my son to make me freak out.
I directed my children to help with the housework and got the place picked up and ready to be vaccuumed.
I was there for them and steady in my heart and attitude.
I read stories to my daughter and got her a drink and snack when she wanted one.
I listened to my son's stories and songs and ideas.
I was present and I did not allow myself to get overwhelmed.
I did not get angry or resentful of my husband for the leftover weekend mess.
I did not move into self-pity for the work or having to discipline.
I stayed steady, by the grace of God.
Note to self: I really did a lot and it's only 2 pm. My temptation is to see all I want to do and haven't gotten to yet and get bitter or frustrated or down on myself for not doing it. But really, could I have done more in the last 8 hours? If I just remain present and attend to what is foremost--having QII time to figure that out, then I will accomplish that which is truly important.


1 Comments:
Thanks so much for reminding us that we really do accomplish alot in a days time. I know I for one always look at what I havent done or wish to do and looking at it this way really allows me to see that I am an accomplishment and not a failure as a mother, worker, wife etc. Thanks sis! Love ya.
By
Anonymous, at 4:03 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home