Joy in the Journey

Sunday, September 05, 2010

The soundtracks of their lives

I'm so excited about this idea because music is so important to me and how I live in this world.

Here is Chase's for his 10th birthday--a mixture of songs he loves, songs that made me think of him, and songs that share my heart and values for him at this point, with a hip-hop, calypso feel type theme....

The City is Ours--Big Time Rush
Halfway There--Big Time Rush
Famous--Big Time Rush
Ooh Ahh featuring Toby Mac--Grits
Get It--Grits
Bad to the Bone--George Thorogood
Hungry Like the Wolf--Duran Duran
One Tribe--Black Eyed Peas
Three Little Birds--Bob Marley
Don't Worry, Be Happy--Bobby McFerrin
I Get Ideas--Troutfishing in America
Love is the Seventh Wave--Sting
Sweet Dreams--The Eurythmics
Like to Get to Know You Well--Howard Jones

So Fun! I can't wait to see what comes to mind next year! He was so thrilled that he called me the BEST MOM EVER!!!! (Until I made him mad and then I was EVIL.)

Sophie's last year looked like this with a sunshine/rainbow theme:

Over the Rainbow--Eva Cassidy
Good Day Sunshine--Joanie Bartels
Walking on Sunshine--Katrina and the WAves
You are the Sunshine of my Life--Stevie Wonder
Twinkle, Twinkle
Waltz of the Cornflowers--Glazunov
Bim Bam--traditional
So Happy You're Here-Hap Palmer
Oh What a Beautiful Morning--Joanie Bartels
Easy Going Day--Joanie Bartels
Feelin' Groovy--Joanie Bartels
"A" You're Adorable--Maria Muldaur
Snuggle Puppy-Eric Stolz
It Had to Be You--Harry Connick, Jr.
A Whole New World--Peabo Bryson
Always--Lilo and Stitch Soundtrack
A Wink and a Smile--Harry Connick, Jr.
Make Someone Happy--Jimmy Durante
What a Wonderful World--Louis Armstrong


So fun!!!! And when they're 18 and off at college or whatever adventure, the will have a compilation of amazing songs that meant something to them through their childhood. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home