It's Been Ages...
Life has been busy and mostly good. Health has been an issue but it's on the upswing. We go to Cabo San Lucas in 3 more weeks for a week vacation which will be SWEET. But mostly I wanted to post because I've reached a milestone and I'm excited.
For over a year I've been working through a book called, First Things First, by Stephen Covey. It's been great. This year I've been working on a personal mission statement. I JUST finished it. I suppose it will change and grow over the years, but it's my heart and mission in a nutshell. A way to keep myself focused and on track to what I am about.
I thought I'd share for those interested.
For over a year I've been working through a book called, First Things First, by Stephen Covey. It's been great. This year I've been working on a personal mission statement. I JUST finished it. I suppose it will change and grow over the years, but it's my heart and mission in a nutshell. A way to keep myself focused and on track to what I am about.
I thought I'd share for those interested.
Mission Statement
I am blessed and I am a blessing.
People Matter to me.
My family , my friends, the elderly.
Those on God's heart.
I will Do more than just treasure them in my heart,
I will actively and consistently show my love
with focused attention,
a note, phone call or gift,
time together and prayer.
My home is a sanctuary.
It is a place of sacredness, calm, peace and order.
It blesses all who enter or spend time in it.
It is simple, not spartan
Filled with warmth and small delights.
I will take the time, effort
and money to make it so.
It is not wasted time,
Nor is it selfish.
My body, soul, and Spirit are Valuable.
I Care for them.
Doing so enables me to bless others,
My heart's desire.
I will take the time to learn about and make
nutritious and delicious food
for my health and my family.
I will have healthy snacks and foods
on-hand always.
My efforts are Fruitful.
I will continually learn and grow without fear.
I will make a plan,
have materials organized
and set goals.
I will take baby-steps toward those goals.
I will focus on nutrition, finance,
homeschooling my children,
and creating a home sanctuary
to bless myself, my family and others around me.
I will trust
as I take this time to learn,plan and evaluate
with an open heart
God's Spirit will lead us down the right paths.
I will remember the poor, the children,
and the elderly in my daily life and choices.
My path is never alone.
I Trust God!!!
I will trust that he loves me deeply
and clearly leads me--
Even when I don't see it.
I will ask for wisdom and move in confidence.
Therein Lies my power source, my peace
And all the ability I need to be blessed
and to be a Blessing.
I refuse to walk in fear, doubt or confusion.
When these creep in, I will STop.
I will proclaim these truths
and quietly and confidently seek God--
Until peace is restored.
Only then will I move forward.
My Life is a gift to enjoy.
I will Enjoy
my children, my husband
my home, my friends.
The beautiful natural world surrounding me.
I will glorify God and enjoy him forever!!!
I am blessed and I am a blessing.
People Matter to me.
My family , my friends, the elderly.
Those on God's heart.
I will Do more than just treasure them in my heart,
I will actively and consistently show my love
with focused attention,
a note, phone call or gift,
time together and prayer.
My home is a sanctuary.
It is a place of sacredness, calm, peace and order.
It blesses all who enter or spend time in it.
It is simple, not spartan
Filled with warmth and small delights.
I will take the time, effort
and money to make it so.
It is not wasted time,
Nor is it selfish.
My body, soul, and Spirit are Valuable.
I Care for them.
Doing so enables me to bless others,
My heart's desire.
I will take the time to learn about and make
nutritious and delicious food
for my health and my family.
I will have healthy snacks and foods
on-hand always.
My efforts are Fruitful.
I will continually learn and grow without fear.
I will make a plan,
have materials organized
and set goals.
I will take baby-steps toward those goals.
I will focus on nutrition, finance,
homeschooling my children,
and creating a home sanctuary
to bless myself, my family and others around me.
I will trust
as I take this time to learn,plan and evaluate
with an open heart
God's Spirit will lead us down the right paths.
I will remember the poor, the children,
and the elderly in my daily life and choices.
My path is never alone.
I Trust God!!!
I will trust that he loves me deeply
and clearly leads me--
Even when I don't see it.
I will ask for wisdom and move in confidence.
Therein Lies my power source, my peace
And all the ability I need to be blessed
and to be a Blessing.
I refuse to walk in fear, doubt or confusion.
When these creep in, I will STop.
I will proclaim these truths
and quietly and confidently seek God--
Until peace is restored.
Only then will I move forward.
My Life is a gift to enjoy.
I will Enjoy
my children, my husband
my home, my friends.
The beautiful natural world surrounding me.
I will glorify God and enjoy him forever!!!


2 Comments:
That's so great - thanks for sharing!
By
Anonymous, at 4:10 PM
I love this Dawn! You always inspire me and make me want to be a better person! You touch everyone who is lucky enough to get to know you. Miss you much, Tiff
By
Tiffany, at 8:30 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home