Joy in the Journey

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Our tree....and a prayer request



Hey All!
We had fun on Sunday going out in the rain to get our tree. Not sure if Daddio would call it fun, but it was good. And the end result was funny!

We went to a tree farm where you saw your own tree and haul it away. We found a beautiful and (we felt) reasonable tree. The price was the same no matter the size so we didn't skimp. Zoom helped Daddio saw. Daddio said it REALLY was help this year! Zoom is growing up! Getting the tree atop the car was no mean feat. But we managed.

When we got it home and into the living room we burst out laughing! It was HUGE!!!! It quite literally takes up half our living room floorspace! Literally! I think it belongs more in a town square than a medium sized living room! It fell over three times in our stand--full of water with lights half-strung. We finally had to find a bigger treestand to keep it from tipping! But it's beautiful, and we decided we're just going for an EXHUBERANT Christmas!

On a different note....we went to the midwife today and I have some prayer requests for those of you who pray!
The baby is facing sunny-side-up which worries my midwife as it can be more difficult to labor and give birth this way, especially as I am unable to do an epidural due to a blood disorder. SOOOOO, please pray that baby turns around to face the right way before she is born.
Also, my midwife will be out of town from tomorrow until Monday--the day before little girl Behm is due. There is other coverage if I do go into labor, but I really like her and would like to have her deliver. So please pray that Baby waits until her due date! (Tuesday,Dec.5th).

Thanks!
Love ya'll.
Dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home