Joy in the Journey

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

An update on life...

Trying something new….

It’s been a really long time since I’ve blogged. So sorry about that for those of you who continue to check! My internet connection has been limited as we are trying to slowly get my computer back up to par. It’s merely limping along at this point, but hey, it’s still running!

Anyway, last time I blogged we had just returned from Legoland. That was close to a month ago. Since then, we’ve gone to the Northern California Renaissance Faire, The Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival and the San Francisco Zoo. They were all fun. I think the Renaissance Faire was the best. Zoom dressed up in costume (he LOVES costumes) and was amazed at all the incredible Renaissance costumes there were! He also loved the jousting. He went to that event twice and has been pretending to be the black knight ever since. I think we’re going to so many things on the weekends because we know there will shortly come a season when we won’t be getting out so much! Daddio often has to work weekends, and hasn’t had to recently, and with the baby coming in roughly 7 more weeks, we’re seeing some downtime coming up! But I will admit, I am beginning to tire more easily. Okay, very easily!

School is going very well too! Zoom is starting to get used to it, and we’re reading some neat things. His reading is getting very fluent too! He’s starting to pull books off his bookshelves in resting time and really READ them! Right now we’re exploring tide pools, Roman times, and Tales of Shakespeare. He’s plugging along with learning the recorder. It can be frustrating for little fingers to get those holes plugged up to make the right sound, but when he does, it’s pure delight for him. He loves his swim lessons (Lego class was cancelled for the fall, so we chose swimming.) I think it is one of his favorite activities.
We’ve had some fun field trips too—again, cramming it in before the baby arrives! This month we’ve visited Sunset magazine gardens with a group and learned some California history and ecology and went to a Harp soloist concert where the soloist taught the kids (all homeschool) about the harp, its history, styles of music it can play and a Q &A time. We also went to the Marine Preserve to check out the harbor seals and the tide pool life at low tide. Tomorrow we attend a Young People’s Concert by the Oakland Symphony Orchestra, and on the 30th we go to Homeschool Day at the Monterey Aquarium. It’s been busy but great, and incredibly, most events have been free! We have 4 ½ weeks of school left before 1st semester exams and then some much needed time off!

Baby is growing like crazy—at least, my belly is! She’s due in 7 weeks, like I said. I can’t wait. We finally started to shop a bit for her arrival. Not much yet, but a start. As for a name, it is yet to be determined, but we are all pretty happy at the moment with Sophia Noel. Zoom likes it because he can have fun with nicknames. Right now, Sofa-Bofa is a big hit.

Well, as I briefly mentioned, I’m getting tired more and more easily these days. I’m 8 months pregnant, and heading to be at 9:30. I'll try to upload pictures next time.
Hope you all are doing great. Email me when you get a chance!
Love
dawn

1 Comments:

  • I love the name Sophia!!! Can't wait to see her! Your trips/excursions sound AWESOME and I wish we were there to do them with you!!!! Hugs, Tiff

    By Blogger Tiffany, at 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home