So blessed!!!!!
That's right. I have been and am so very blessed. This past Friday my sisters and my mom arrived to help me get ready for the baby!!!! It was SUCH a treat to see them and just giggle and shop and such. That all would have been wonderful blessing enough--but tricky them and sneaky YOU ALL decided to shower our family with blessings from around the globe! It was so fun seeing the packages on the front porch and the cards in the mail each day! What a treat! (I know I said that already, forgive me!)
I had lost many email addresses this last move, and so there were people who didn't know we'd moved to CA OR that we were expecting. My dear sister salvaged an old email she'd gotten from me (one of those mass emails letting everyone know we'd moved to Texas) and sent a new one to everyone explaining the situation. :) We were so touched to receive cards, gift cards and special gifts from so many friends and family that we didn't even expect--my former 5th grade student, now nearing college graduation sent some sweet (and useful) things, my old college roomy now living in Australia sent best wishes and a gift card, my dear mentor from Connecticut, my treasured friend (whom I babysat for from when her children were born---now finished/finishing college) she handmade a lovely blanket. My knitting buddy and dear friend in CT sent a sweet handmade cap and a gift for Zoomer, old friends from Texas, my aunts and cousins, old friends from NJ (one made a scrapbook for me to put photos in...), dear NC friends, and others...oh my. My cup runneth over. My mom and sisters had fun enjoying the extended shower with me.
Of special note, my sisters bought me a precious Moses basket, which I had wanted for Zoom but couldn't find--they carried it on the plane and guarded it with their lives! My mom bought a pack-n-play bassinet which is just lovely, so between them both we now have places for the baby to sleep in. Yay!!!! Mom and sisters took me out and we bought many of the baby necessities, thanks to all the gift cards! They also patiently helped me organize the house for a new member--no small feat!!!! Furniture was moved, feng shui discussed, differences settled....or accepted. :) They worked HARD!!!! Also of note, my sweet sister even gave me a pedicure. We also managed to hang out together in the hot tub (turned down low for baby's safety). My thanks to them and I shout from the rooftops--I am blessed with an awesome family and wonderful friends.
Now, I feel ready for this sweet baby to arrive. I just got back from the perinatologist. My ob wasn't thrilled with my low platelets in my blood. Ah well. The perinatologist has just given me the clean bill of health and sanity!!! He was thrilled that Daddio and I don't want me to have medicine to raise the platelets. He checked and said the baby fits perfectly in my pelvis and is ready to go. He feels I should have a fairly easy time delivering and that it could be any time (in the next 3 weeks or so). So perfect timing for the blessings and the house being prepared.
Much thanks to those of you who received my sister's email and were able to bless us. For those of you who didn't get it or couldn't participate, you are treasures in your own right and I'm thankful for you. Pray for a good delivery at the perfect time, and pray for Zoom to adjust well to the changes. :)
Seester should be uploading pictures to shutterfly in a day or so if you are interested in seeing some of the fun. Those of you who surprised me, expect to hear from me over the next two weeks. I'm so thankful I feel like I could burst. (Of course, it could be the baby that's making me feel that way!)
Love ya'll.
Dawn
I had lost many email addresses this last move, and so there were people who didn't know we'd moved to CA OR that we were expecting. My dear sister salvaged an old email she'd gotten from me (one of those mass emails letting everyone know we'd moved to Texas) and sent a new one to everyone explaining the situation. :) We were so touched to receive cards, gift cards and special gifts from so many friends and family that we didn't even expect--my former 5th grade student, now nearing college graduation sent some sweet (and useful) things, my old college roomy now living in Australia sent best wishes and a gift card, my dear mentor from Connecticut, my treasured friend (whom I babysat for from when her children were born---now finished/finishing college) she handmade a lovely blanket. My knitting buddy and dear friend in CT sent a sweet handmade cap and a gift for Zoomer, old friends from Texas, my aunts and cousins, old friends from NJ (one made a scrapbook for me to put photos in...), dear NC friends, and others...oh my. My cup runneth over. My mom and sisters had fun enjoying the extended shower with me.
Of special note, my sisters bought me a precious Moses basket, which I had wanted for Zoom but couldn't find--they carried it on the plane and guarded it with their lives! My mom bought a pack-n-play bassinet which is just lovely, so between them both we now have places for the baby to sleep in. Yay!!!! Mom and sisters took me out and we bought many of the baby necessities, thanks to all the gift cards! They also patiently helped me organize the house for a new member--no small feat!!!! Furniture was moved, feng shui discussed, differences settled....or accepted. :) They worked HARD!!!! Also of note, my sweet sister even gave me a pedicure. We also managed to hang out together in the hot tub (turned down low for baby's safety). My thanks to them and I shout from the rooftops--I am blessed with an awesome family and wonderful friends.
Now, I feel ready for this sweet baby to arrive. I just got back from the perinatologist. My ob wasn't thrilled with my low platelets in my blood. Ah well. The perinatologist has just given me the clean bill of health and sanity!!! He was thrilled that Daddio and I don't want me to have medicine to raise the platelets. He checked and said the baby fits perfectly in my pelvis and is ready to go. He feels I should have a fairly easy time delivering and that it could be any time (in the next 3 weeks or so). So perfect timing for the blessings and the house being prepared.
Much thanks to those of you who received my sister's email and were able to bless us. For those of you who didn't get it or couldn't participate, you are treasures in your own right and I'm thankful for you. Pray for a good delivery at the perfect time, and pray for Zoom to adjust well to the changes. :)
Seester should be uploading pictures to shutterfly in a day or so if you are interested in seeing some of the fun. Those of you who surprised me, expect to hear from me over the next two weeks. I'm so thankful I feel like I could burst. (Of course, it could be the baby that's making me feel that way!)
Love ya'll.
Dawn


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home