Joy in the Journey

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Screeeeech!!!!!

(The sounds of brakes squealing as plans change!) Those of you who know us well, know that nothing's definite in our lives except change.
First, the things that are staying the same: Mark is going to work for PDI in San Francisco. The baby is still doing well. We are still moving out on Wednesday and camping for the weekend in Arkansas.
HOWEVER: Our travel plans have changed. In calculating distances and timing, we don't have enough days to make it from the East Coast to the West Coast driving without about 6 days of driving 12 hours a day, no breaks. No fun. Now we asked ourselves, "What's the point of driving across the country if we can't relax and enjoy it along the way--especially with a pregnant mama, a precocious 5 year old and a labrador puppy in tow? Oh yeah, and gerbils. So we had to come up with another plan to get the car, dog, and family (and gerbils)across the U.S.

Here it is:
May 1st, Zoomer and I will fly to CT to visit friends, drive with them to MA to visit the Ancient One and Plymouth, and then rent a car to get to Jersey. We will visit family and friends there for a week and attend Tink's wedding. The following weekend, my parents, Zoomer and I will drive to Jamestown, VA and check out the living history for Mother's Day weekend. Then Zoomer and I will fly to CA to meet up with Daddio.

Daddio will take the dog and car back to TX after AR, work for a week, fly to NJ for the wedding, fly back for a week and then drive himself, the gerbils and the dog to CA and meet us there. Whew!! Bonus is that with this plan, we get an extra week in NJ to visit, and we get a 5 day vacation with DAddio once we get to San Fran, before his job will start. YAY!

Plane tickets are bought, rides set up, housing for Daddio and the dog, etc. All done! Yay!

Only sadness: We won't be able to see our dear friends in NC, IL, and NE like I had originally hoped. :( I'm seriously bummed about that, but I guess ya can't do everything! (Though I seriously try!)

If you're in CT or NJ or PA during the first 2 weeks of May and want to reconnect, please email me!
Love ya'll.
Dawn

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home