Joy in the Journey

Monday, December 04, 2006

Just beginning....

Hey All!

I thought I'd blog before things get rolling. Saturday night and Sunday I was really tired and having a lot of prelabor contractions. We finished packing everything up and putting it in the car so we're ready whenever. Then we tried to Christmas shop. Didn't accomplish a whole lot, but we tried. I went to bed early last night.
This morning, Zoom noted that baby looked a lot smaller--I guess she's really dropping down more. I threw up. (Sorry if this is overshare...) I read in my doctor's paperwork that vomiting is often a sign that real labor will start in a day or so. I'm stillhaving contractions but nothing overwhelming or regular yet. But I think tomorrow is a full moon AND baby's true due date. Perfect timing!
My mother-in-law is back from her travels--got in late last night after 72 hours on airplanes. My midwife returns tonight from her vacation. I'm hoping to go to prenatal yoga one last time tonight to limber up and get relaxed for the real deal. Playing it all by ear, of course.

Please pray that all will proceed smoothly and peacefully! Well, as peaceful as labor and delivery can be!
Love you guys and thanks for all your thoughts and prayers and love and support!
Dawn

2 Comments:

  • Dawn, I'm praying for you... for peace, for ease of labor & delivery, for strength, courage, good health for you & your little girl.

    Much love, Becca Taylor in CT

    PS- If it makes you feel any better, Sam was a successful VBAC with no medication. We had the awesome midwives at the CT Birth Center and a great doula (we delivered in the hospital- can't do a VBAC at the Birth Center).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 PM  

  • Oh- Dawn!! I'm so happy for you! Praying that all goes smoothly for you and new Behm Baby!! We miss you and wish we were with you for this exciting time! You are so such a great mom- this is just the best- to double up on the love!!!

    hugs!!!
    Tiffany in Texas!

    By Blogger Tiffany, at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home