Joy in the Journey

Friday, May 18, 2007

He's topped himself!

Wow! It's been a while since I've posted. I bet you all felt we dropped right off the face of the earth! Sorry about that. It's been a very busy season and I don't have my new computer yet either. But here is the news and I PROMISE that this weekend I will post some pictures!

We are all moved into our new home. The rooms are 80% done and the garage holds the rest of our life. When we moved into our "old" CA home, we felt so tremendously blessed. Living on the coast with a view of the ocean, a hot tub, a custom kitchen, we were feeling very spoiled. We knew though, that the lease was for just one year, non-renewable. At the time, we felt like it was a good deal for us and I was feeling the need to get settled SOMEWHERE as the pregnancy progressed and 1st grade homeschool loomed for Zoom. Anyway, the whole year (or 9 months as it turned out) I was praying for God to prepare a new home for us. And I began to believe that God could and maybe would bless us even more than we had already been blessed here. Crazy, huh? Well, He did. He truly topped Himself. Only God could be so good.

Our new home is 3 doors down from the ocean and directly across from the Marine Preserve picnic area. At night, while Daddio is putting Zoom to bed, I take a quick 1 minute walk to a bench on a cliff right above the ocean (okay, the cliff is only 8 feet tall) and sit and watch the sunset. Over the ocean. And I think to myself...this is my backyard!!!! I am in awe. I feel so incredibly lucky and blessed and undeserving of such treats.
Our home too, fits us even better than the last one. Now Squeaky has her own room--just in time for us to set up the crib and cool jungle bedding we received--again from God and his people's goodness. I have an amazing built in office in the bedroom for my homeschool stuff and bill stuff and photo album stuff...It's great! And Daddio has a great office of his own that he doesn't have to share with us! And we have TONS of storage in the garage AND a shed. And a dozen rose bushes of various colors. I miss my rose bushes that I had planted in Texas. We also have carpeting, which I missed in the last house. So much more comfy to get down on the floor with the little ones, and the dog hair doesn't show nearly as badly! (Even though it's still there!) The kitchen isn't so great--no dishwasher (except me). But it's functional and open and worth the trade off for the location, the space, the storage, etc.

Zoom is going through a lot of growing right now. Dealing with big brother issues and new home issues and making friends at the playground issues. The great thing though, is I see growth--slow as it might be sometimes. He's also recently asked Jesus into his heart and life as he's come to realize that no matter how badly he wants to be good and do everything perfectly, he still does wrong. So he's asked Jesus for forgiveness, and salvation, and help with the daily stuff. What's really sweet is that he's taken to telling me, "The Holy Spirit told me....[fill in the blank.] Often it's an answer to a question--like how Jaker's cut his nose. Or how many Pokemon cards Chase owns. But sometimes it's profound...like "The Holy Spirit told me that M will follow what I do." (That's his friend and they'd been having trouble because together they'd get into a lot of mischief.) Anyway, there's a lot going on in that little boy of mine right now. He's also have fun reliving his babyhood as he watchs Squeak grow and play. I've been bouncing Squeak on my knees with little rhymes I used to do with Zoom as a baby. And Zoom wants me to do them too. So I am. We are both having great fun and he feels included and my thighs are getting a great workout!
Squeak is doing new baby things every day. She's having fun playing with sounds and squealing like her cousin Magpie did as a baby. She loves blowing raspberries and coughing to get attention. She's still really mellow and low stress which is a huge blessing in itself! She's also grabbing everything and putting it into her mouth--teethers, fingers, books, toys, the spoon, her baby food....So fun.

Daddio is done Shrek the Third. You can go see it. He didn't like making it all that much, but he's excited about Mad 2. He's wrapping up a book deal too--someone actually wants to print a book of his artwork! That deadline is in August.

I'm enjoying the knitting group and Charlotte Mason homeschool group that meets at our home on Thursday nights (alternating). It feels good to step out of the routine mommy needs of the week. Daddio goes to the movies that night and loves that too. I'm hoping to get back to yoga soon.

Never a dull moment here. Our fridge (we own it) konked on us right after we moved in and I had just gone grocery shopping. Zoom offered to eat up all the ice cream so it wouldn't melt and be wasted. I don't think he was quite as upset about the fridge crisis as we were. :) He liked the ice cream "smootie." For me, it's been a great opportunity to practice trusting God and letting go of things and accepting that life will have it's bumps. I guess I needed the practice!

Can't wait for Sept to see everyone!
Love y'all.
Dawn

1 Comments:

  • Dawn,
    It's Saturday morning in Kenya, and I did something I rarely do: Hit the "Next blog" button at the top of my blog. It took me to yours, and it was a delight to see how God is blessing your family on the other side of the world. ENJOY the beach, the sunsets (and the sunrises). I grew up on the Indian Ocean and know the joys of falling asleep to the sound of lapping waves. Anyway, may God continue to top himself as you walk with Him.
    Blessings from the other side of the world,
    Adele

    By Blogger Adele, at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home