Joy in the Journey

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Wondering?

I bet you are wondering what we've been up to! Sorry. It's been busy (duh) and my computer is slowing to a crawl before it finally dies. On the bright side, we finally got a new digital camera thanks to Daddio's overtime funding. Over the weekend we'll get some new pictures up. Squeaker looks tons like her big brother--we looked in his baby book this week to see.
School's going pretty well, baby is sleeping better and better all the time. Daddio is working massive overtime, and I'm pretty tired myself. But nothing to complain about.
Went to a Beth Moore simulcast event on Saturday. She's the teacher whose bible study I started at the beginning of this blog. The Believing God study has been amazing, and I'm growing inside a lot. I am beginning to see that my worries and fears choke the life out of me, and that they get me stuck in a pit! Really, if I AM believing God, who says so many promises to care for us, and asks us to trust him, then I won't be full of worries or fears. So I'm working through that. Learning again to trust. Particular areas in which I'm focusing are trusting God for good housing and a move in a few months, my parenting abilities, and Zoom's character development. I'm also learning to accept myself and my kids for who God made us, and not for how well we perform on any given day, or wishing I or they were different. Lots of internal growing going on. That's all good, but hard to describe or share. Just thought I'd throw it out there though.
My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are coming out to visit this month! I can't wait to see them and for them to meet the baby. It'll be a nice treat and I'm so glad they're coming. Open invite to all you other friends and family!
Much love,
Dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home