Joy in the Journey

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Goodness

Hey All! I so apologize for the long breaks between posts. I know it's frustrating for some of you who want to stay in touch and see the baby growing. Can't say that the breaks will go away, but I'll do my best. :)

My brother and sister-in-law from PA came to visit this weekend. It is always SO nice to see family. I just appreciate so much that they would take time out of their busy lives and spend lots of money for plane tickets and such and endure the long flight to be with us. Zoom and Squeak really enjoyed their visit too. We just hung out and ate together--real fellowship. Somehow, when it's not big family gatherings, but just a few of us together, we have a chance to get to know each other better. We (us Behms) are looking forward to September when we get to head back to the east coast for an extended visit and see their youngest son tie the knot at the shore.

In other news, Daddio broke his foot. Yup. He was skateboarding or some such thing. It's been a royal pain for him dealing with crutches and trying to sleep with a throbbing foot. Plus he's still working like a dog. I can't express how much I appreciate and don't take for granted how hard he works so I can stay home and love on our kids and teach them. I have to admit that I've sometimes been a grump on the weekends since to break because of all the extra work for me. I really didn't realize how much he helps me on the weekends, and gives me a break.

On a different note...one thing I am continuing to learn to trust God for is our housing situation! I so want to worry about it until it's all worked out. But that is such a waste of energy and also dishonors God who promises to provide all our needs. So, daily, and sometimes minute by minute, I am learning to believe with all my heart and mind that God has an awesome home for us for this next year and he will reveal it to us at the proper time. His timing is never mine though, is it?

School with Zoom is fun, and we get little breaks to play with Squeak when she is up. She's such a sweet smiler and a happy little girl. Zoom has been blooming too with me learning to show him unconditional love and acceptance instead of shaming him to try to get him to become somehow perfect.

Being a mom has been such a humbling and growing experience for me. Nothing in my life has been used of God so thoroughly to grow me--out of selfishness, out of pridefulness, out if criticism, out of laziness, and on and on--as being a wife and mother. Sometimes in church the pastor will say that spiritual growth happens in small groups of people doing life together--meaning a bible study fellowship type thing. I think his idea is right, but that the main group God uses to grow us is our nuclear family. That's where truly the rubber meets the road. Will I be grumbly and act the martyr as I serve my family on the weekend, making meals, cleaning up after everyone, preparing for activities and caring for them? Or will I count it pure joy and serve as Jesus did, washing his stinky and childish disciples feet? Will I feel sorry for myself when I see the (seemingly) insurmountable amount of work to do to run a household and care for those precious people in my life? Or will I dig down deep to remember that God promises to give strength to the weary and power to the weak? Will I rise up in faith and believe that what He has called me to do He will enable me to do?

Okay, off my soapbox. I'm going to try to see if I can post some new pics.
Love you guys!
Dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home