Updates all around
I can't believe it's been nearly a month since I've last blogged! Often I don't blog when there's not much to say, but this time, I think it's just been logistical. Daddio has been working evenings frequently and I haven't been able to get to my computer. And when I have, I've been replying to emails and doing school prep.
Anyhow, no more excuses! Squeak is now more than 4 months old. I just keep thinking about last spring, when I lived in Texas and no one could tell yet that a little life was inside of me. I just kept seeing butterflies pass me at the playground and heard the whisperings of the Spirit saying, "I kept my promise."
Today, we just bought Squeak a high chair. Actually, it's a high chair that attaches to a regular chair which is great because of our bar height table and chairs. She seems excited about it. For a few weeks now she's been jealously eyeing our food and taking a keen interest in the goings on at the table. I think she's pretty ready for some food. I'll wait a week or so longer, but then we'll start some simple mushy stuff--maybe rice cereal, bananas or avocado....
She's also outgrowing her clothes so fast! 6-12 month clothes mostly fit now, and she loves to sit up or hang around with us while laying on her belly looking at the world. She took an interest in airplanes the other day while laying in a hammock with me. So fun to have a baby around again.
Daddio heads out tomorrow for Tracker School. Normally he heads back east, but this one was available in Boulder Creek, CA, which is merely an hour's drive from home! His foot is mostly healed--did I mention in my last post that he broke his foot? I don't remember, but in case I didn't, He broke his foot! He was on crutches for 2 weeks and hopping around for a week or two thereafter.
Zoom is a wild and crazy 6 1/2 year old ball of energy and spunk. He's been dancing little a silly man--jazz dancing around the house. It's fun to watch. He's got a few good friends here now and they love to wrestle and climb rocks and fences and trade pokemon cards. He's reading amazingly well know, and in his free time has been researching turtles in library books and on the internet. He wants to get a turtle for a pet. He's also learning to jump rope. School is moving steadily along and I'm glad we have that time together.
We went on a field trip a week or so back to the Sanchez Adobe Historical Site in Pacifica. Zoom had fun stomping around in a mud pit learning how they made clay bricks, dipping candles, grinding corn and roping cattle.
We made some new homeschool friends too, and I learned of several moms who were interested in implementing Charlotte Mason's ideas in their homeschools. So, with some prompting from the Spirit and inspiration of another homeschool mom who started a science club on a whim, I've created a Charlotte Mason homeschool support group on the coast! 5 moms besides me are interested so far. Our first meeting is this Thursday. I'm really excited! I'm no expert on CM homeschooling, but I hope to grow by us meeting together. We're going to meet 2x a month and Daddio will get to go to the movies those nights for "research". The other 2 Thursdays a month I'm going to try to have a knitting group here. That should be fun and relaxing and I've met so many moms that either knit or want to.
Easter was pretty low-key here but nice. Daddio's mom came down and had a nice Easter dinner with us and we dyed 40 Easter eggs. You haven't seen Easter eggs until you dye them with an artist and a creative mom (his, not me). Some really neat eggs resulted. I'll have to put a picture up of that soon. Zoom had a great time finding hidden eggs for a LOOOONG time. Squeak got her first Easter basket with 2 pacifiers and a little babydoll in it. :)
In other news, we've been looking for a new rental for this coming year and we think we've found it!!! Hopefully, May 10th we'll be at a new address just down the road. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1 office one-story house just across the street from the Marine Preserve! The kitchen is no where near as nice as the one we have now, and we lose the hot tub, but we'll have much more storage, a room for Squeak and a nature preserve at our doorstep, not to mention the Pacific a stone's throw away! And we are very thankful that we are in the same town, because it will be so much easy to maintain friendship and homeschool community continuity.
Well, that's about it for now on news....
I'll see if I can get a picture or two up soon!
Dawn
Anyhow, no more excuses! Squeak is now more than 4 months old. I just keep thinking about last spring, when I lived in Texas and no one could tell yet that a little life was inside of me. I just kept seeing butterflies pass me at the playground and heard the whisperings of the Spirit saying, "I kept my promise."
Today, we just bought Squeak a high chair. Actually, it's a high chair that attaches to a regular chair which is great because of our bar height table and chairs. She seems excited about it. For a few weeks now she's been jealously eyeing our food and taking a keen interest in the goings on at the table. I think she's pretty ready for some food. I'll wait a week or so longer, but then we'll start some simple mushy stuff--maybe rice cereal, bananas or avocado....
She's also outgrowing her clothes so fast! 6-12 month clothes mostly fit now, and she loves to sit up or hang around with us while laying on her belly looking at the world. She took an interest in airplanes the other day while laying in a hammock with me. So fun to have a baby around again.
Daddio heads out tomorrow for Tracker School. Normally he heads back east, but this one was available in Boulder Creek, CA, which is merely an hour's drive from home! His foot is mostly healed--did I mention in my last post that he broke his foot? I don't remember, but in case I didn't, He broke his foot! He was on crutches for 2 weeks and hopping around for a week or two thereafter.
Zoom is a wild and crazy 6 1/2 year old ball of energy and spunk. He's been dancing little a silly man--jazz dancing around the house. It's fun to watch. He's got a few good friends here now and they love to wrestle and climb rocks and fences and trade pokemon cards. He's reading amazingly well know, and in his free time has been researching turtles in library books and on the internet. He wants to get a turtle for a pet. He's also learning to jump rope. School is moving steadily along and I'm glad we have that time together.
We went on a field trip a week or so back to the Sanchez Adobe Historical Site in Pacifica. Zoom had fun stomping around in a mud pit learning how they made clay bricks, dipping candles, grinding corn and roping cattle.
We made some new homeschool friends too, and I learned of several moms who were interested in implementing Charlotte Mason's ideas in their homeschools. So, with some prompting from the Spirit and inspiration of another homeschool mom who started a science club on a whim, I've created a Charlotte Mason homeschool support group on the coast! 5 moms besides me are interested so far. Our first meeting is this Thursday. I'm really excited! I'm no expert on CM homeschooling, but I hope to grow by us meeting together. We're going to meet 2x a month and Daddio will get to go to the movies those nights for "research". The other 2 Thursdays a month I'm going to try to have a knitting group here. That should be fun and relaxing and I've met so many moms that either knit or want to.
Easter was pretty low-key here but nice. Daddio's mom came down and had a nice Easter dinner with us and we dyed 40 Easter eggs. You haven't seen Easter eggs until you dye them with an artist and a creative mom (his, not me). Some really neat eggs resulted. I'll have to put a picture up of that soon. Zoom had a great time finding hidden eggs for a LOOOONG time. Squeak got her first Easter basket with 2 pacifiers and a little babydoll in it. :)
In other news, we've been looking for a new rental for this coming year and we think we've found it!!! Hopefully, May 10th we'll be at a new address just down the road. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1 office one-story house just across the street from the Marine Preserve! The kitchen is no where near as nice as the one we have now, and we lose the hot tub, but we'll have much more storage, a room for Squeak and a nature preserve at our doorstep, not to mention the Pacific a stone's throw away! And we are very thankful that we are in the same town, because it will be so much easy to maintain friendship and homeschool community continuity.
Well, that's about it for now on news....
I'll see if I can get a picture or two up soon!
Dawn


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home