Falling into Place
Hey All. I gotta say, I miss you! You all know who you are. I've been so busy with trying to get situated that staying in personal touch has been hit-or-miss. I so appreciate those of you who have made the extra effort to play phone tag with me or email personal greetings. I love ya.
That said, things are slowly falling into place here. I think I mentioned that we are in a house in Palo Alto for June. We are all so happy to be here. It was tough being in a hotel, but I didn't realize how tough until we got out! It is so nice to have separate rooms to be in, go in, have our stuff in. And the dog and Chase love having a yard to romp in. Much better. July looks like we'll be spending some time with my mom-in-law's best friend here in Palo Alto. No sublets turned up, but she generously offered to let us stay with her. (She's got an extra two bedrooms.) Chase's grandma will come down and stay with us all some too just to visit. :) Plus, it's rent-free! Although we'll try to take them out to dinner some to "pay". (Monica has great taste in restaurants.)
Yesterday was a real shower of blessings. Chase and I visited a church called Abundant Life Christian Fellowship, in Mountain View, only three miles from where we are staying. WE LOVED IT!!!! It was SOOO good. People were awesomely friendly, the culture is very diverse--people groups from all over the world represented praising God! And good teaching--it fits right with where God is taking me in my bible study time (Believing God, by Beth Moore). God is SO good. One thing I hate about moving is having to visit a ton of churches before finding one we belong in. Chase enjoyed his class as well. Check it out at www.alcf.net The pastor is from Philly!
Blessings continued when Chase and I went to a homeschool park thing where people came together to just make music and sing together. There weren't many people there, but it was fun--both Chase and I love music. He played the tamborine and mini guitar a bit and sat with me and sang what he knew, then went over to the play area and played. But the best part was that we met a homeschool family from El Granada--the next town down the coast from Moss Beach (where we will spend the next year). AND THEY HAD A BEAUTIFUL TEENAGE DAUGHTER WHO LOVES TO BABYSIT!!!!! They seemed like a great family and homeschooled classically. I think they MAY even be Christians. :)
Well, we're off to start our first week of "school" here. Slowly things are starting to fall into place.
Love y'all.
Dawn
That said, things are slowly falling into place here. I think I mentioned that we are in a house in Palo Alto for June. We are all so happy to be here. It was tough being in a hotel, but I didn't realize how tough until we got out! It is so nice to have separate rooms to be in, go in, have our stuff in. And the dog and Chase love having a yard to romp in. Much better. July looks like we'll be spending some time with my mom-in-law's best friend here in Palo Alto. No sublets turned up, but she generously offered to let us stay with her. (She's got an extra two bedrooms.) Chase's grandma will come down and stay with us all some too just to visit. :) Plus, it's rent-free! Although we'll try to take them out to dinner some to "pay". (Monica has great taste in restaurants.)
Yesterday was a real shower of blessings. Chase and I visited a church called Abundant Life Christian Fellowship, in Mountain View, only three miles from where we are staying. WE LOVED IT!!!! It was SOOO good. People were awesomely friendly, the culture is very diverse--people groups from all over the world represented praising God! And good teaching--it fits right with where God is taking me in my bible study time (Believing God, by Beth Moore). God is SO good. One thing I hate about moving is having to visit a ton of churches before finding one we belong in. Chase enjoyed his class as well. Check it out at www.alcf.net The pastor is from Philly!
Blessings continued when Chase and I went to a homeschool park thing where people came together to just make music and sing together. There weren't many people there, but it was fun--both Chase and I love music. He played the tamborine and mini guitar a bit and sat with me and sang what he knew, then went over to the play area and played. But the best part was that we met a homeschool family from El Granada--the next town down the coast from Moss Beach (where we will spend the next year). AND THEY HAD A BEAUTIFUL TEENAGE DAUGHTER WHO LOVES TO BABYSIT!!!!! They seemed like a great family and homeschooled classically. I think they MAY even be Christians. :)
Well, we're off to start our first week of "school" here. Slowly things are starting to fall into place.
Love y'all.
Dawn


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home